When you prepare your home to sell it, there are certain upgrades you should actually avoid making:
1. Wallpaper: Buyers don’t want to see wallpaper!
2. Lavish lighting: Chihuly fixtures look cool in the lobby of a Las Vegas resort, but not in a home. Buyers won’t see the value, so keep light fixtures simple.
3. Carpet: If you’re thinking of replacing it, go with laminate or engineered wood flooring.
4. Bold colors: Unless you’re Austin Powers trying to defeat Dr. Evil, keep colors neutral and calm.
5. Overspending on landscaping: Here in Hawaii, less is best. Have clear sight lines of the home from the street to give great curb appeal. A functional sprinkler system will give you the best return. Think open green spaces, not a jungle landscape.
If you’d like to hear the final five things you should avoid in your home when preparing it for the market, give us a call to schedule a consultation. We’d love to share them with you!