2016 Firework Show In Oahu
Every year, the choices for a fun Independence Day are better than ever. No matter where you live, Leeward or Windward, there is a place for you on Oahu. Here is a list of some of the more popular places to see the rocket’s red glare. If you’re considering having your own backyard fireworks celebration, be sure to brush up on Oahu fireworks law before you do so! Otherwise, here are some great places you can go to see the firework extravaganzas:
Ala Moana Park
This year will mark the 25th consecutive year, Ala Moana Center will be providing all Oahu locals and visitors with one of the largest and most spectacular fireworks shows in the country. In addition to the firework show, Ala Moana Center will be offering a full weekend of live entertainment and a three day mall-wide shopping 0% savings pass.
Three Days Graces (at 7:30pm)
presented by Armed Forces Entertainment
National Anthem performed by the Tonga Sisters
SPECTACULAR FIREWORKS DISPLAY BEGINS AT 9PM
FREE ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Xpress Train Sponsored by BANK OF HAWAII
- Airbrush Tattoos, Petting Zoo, Corn Hole, Batting Cage
- Car Show & Shine – click here if you would like to participate in the car show.
- Trampoline & Gymnastics Mini-Lessons and Demonstrations by HAWAII ACADEMY
- Scrimmages, Demos & Autograph Session by Pacific Roller Derby
(FREE Activities will close lines at approximately 6:30 PM)
OTHER ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE include:
• Xtreme Fun rides and inflatables
• Ono food from around the island, including:
Teddy’s Bigger Burger, Blazin’ Steaks, Olay Thai, Flavors of the World, Hawaiian Twisted Taters, Time 2 Grind, Tin Hut BBQ, Latin Grindz, Pizza Hut and more!
• Beer Garden and other ice-cold beverages
Help us keep our celebration GREEN
Use the recycling bins available for plastic bottles and aluminum cans.
REGISTER TO WIN A VEGAS GETAWAY FOR TWO:
Visit Sponsor Row to win one of many exciting prizes, including the Grand Prize – A Vegas Getaway for two, sponsored by VACATIONS HAWAII. Special restrictions and guidelines apply to trip.
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
Open to DoD ID Cardholders and their sponsored guests. Food & Beverages available for purchase. Authorized items include small clutches, blankets & folding chairs. All items are subject to search. For safety reasons, outside food and beverages, pets, backpacks and purses (other than small clutches), BBQs, tents, animals, glass or coolers ARE NOT AUTHORIZED. Gate will have 100% ID check. Allow time for security checks at event entrances. Schedule of events is subject to change without notice. No official endorsement intended.
SAFETY AND SECURITY INFORMATION
For safety and security of our patrons and to expedite entry into the event, please follow the guidelines listed below:
The following items are NOT PERMITTED:
• Audio and video recording devices and cameras, including tablets and computers, computer and camera bags
• Fanny packs and purses larger than a clutch bag, see below for dimensions in permitted items
• Food, beverages and coolers
• All bags to include backpacks, briefcases and cinch bags
• Seat cushions, wagons, or luggage of any kind
• Drones, weapons and blades
• Pets and animals with the exception of a service animal
• Tents, sun shades and any chairs taller than 32” high.
• Cell Phone
• Stroller for infants and/or children in attendance and any bag containing diapers, infant bottles with formula; infant and toddler food
• Hand-carried: Ponchos, Hat, Sunscreen, Jackets, Blankets, Folding chairs not to exceed 32” in height (Please leave the bag that you carry your chair in, outside of the event)
• Clutch purse, clutch bag or fanny pack if dimensions are 5” height x 7” wide x 1” deep (or smaller)
• Items can be carried in a clear, disposable Ziploc-type bag, no larger than quart size (7” x 8”)
• Empty beverage containers, such as hydro flasks
ALL PERSONNEL AND ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH
North Shore – Turtle Bay
Do you live in North Shore? Well the Turtle Bay Resort is one of your options. Offering a full day from 2 to 8 p.m. of food, fun and fireworks on the resort’s West Lawn, the resort is also partnering with the Eat the Street event and the Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Festival to provide guests with “ono grinds” and live entertainment by local artists.
The 3rd and 4th of July events are open to Department of Defense ID cardholders and their guests. This includes military members, their Families, military retirees, DoD civilian employees and their authorized guest. 100% ID card check will be conducted at the installation gates. Please go to our website or facebook page for the latest on the upcoming events.
- Vehicle Drivers and all passengers 16 years of age and older are REQUIRED to show a valid State or Federal Government ID at the gates.
- All Coolers/Backpacks/Bags are subject to inspection while on Schofield Barracks.
- NO PETS ALLOWED.
- NO Distilled Spirits & Glass Containers. Beer only. Plastic cups and cans only.
- All personal fireworks are prohibited (sparklers included).
- Open flame or charcoal cooking is not permitted. This does not apply to the reserved picnic areas on the 4th of July.
- When entertainment begins, please lower umbrellas and canopies so others behind you can see the stage and enjoy the entertainment.
- Canopies are allowed on the field until 3:00 pm.
Kailua Fourth of July Fireworks and Airshow
There will be a firework show over the beautiful Ko Olina lagoon fronting the new Four Seasons Oahu Resortand Disney Aulani Resort is set to begin at 8:30pm. Consider making a lovely weekend of it (and secure parking) by dining or staying at one of these two resorts and enjoying a beautiful Ko Olina sunset everyday for the holiday weekend.
Photo credit: Govisithawaii, Ko Olina, Kailuafireworks.org, MWR, Pearl Harbor